2017 Cora Ueland Scholarship
Dental Hygiene Associates Incorporated (DHAI), a nonprofit corporation created in 1980 by the California Dental Hygienists’ Association is pleased to announce the 2017 Cora Ueland Scholarship for dental hygiene students. This scholarship was first established in the 1950s in the memory of Cora Ueland, founder and director of the dental hygiene program at the University of Southern California. Supported by individual and component donations, the fund was distributed in the past as a loan to eligible students. In 1998, the CDHA Board of Trustees voted to convert the loan into a scholarship. Two $1,000 awards are awarded each year to one (1) first year and one (1) second year student.
New for 2017, is a grant applied to the CDHA New Professional Membership dues to the senior student awardee.
- Student must be a Student Member of the California Dental Hygienists’ Association and have paid the 2017 student fees.
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited dental hygiene program in California.
- Student must have a grade point average of 3.0 or above (4.0 scale) from the time that they
have been enrolled in the dental hygiene curriculum.
- Recipients cannot be DHAI Directors, CDHA Officers, Trustees, employees or any of their
- Student must be a Junior or Senior on the deadline date and this is the category they can
apply for and be judged. They cannot be a graduated student on the deadline date and apply for the scholarship.
Complete and submit the scholarship Application and Program Director Verification Form, along with the required essays, by March 31, 2017, via e-mail to Melanie Waters, RDHAP, BSDH at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the Application form for specific details, qualifications and criteria for submission.
Scholarship award recipients will be notified by e-mail no later than May 1, 2017. Thank you for informing students of this scholarship award opportunity.
DHAI is a 501(c)3 non-profit, charitable organization and donations to DHAI are tax deductible.
Dental Hygiene Associates Incorporated (DHAI)
1900 Point West Way, Suite 222, Sacramento, CA 95815 • www.cdha.org