JOIN THE CDHA!
CDHA’s Mission Statement
To improve the public’s total health, the mission of the California Dental Hygienists’ Association is to advance the art and science of dental hygiene by increasing awareness of the cost effective benefits of prevention and ensuring access to quality oral health care; promoting the highest standards of dental hygiene education, licensure, practice and research; and promoting the interests of dental hygienists.
The licensed registered dental hygienist is an integral part of preventive oral health care. CDHA actively participates in promotional events throughout the year.In addition to the National Children’s Dental Health Month (February) and the National Dental Hygiene Month (October), the CDHA:
- Provides oral health education and screenings for children;
- Sponsors dental care and preventive sealant clinics for under served children;
- Works with seniors citizens programs to offer screenings and oral health education;
- Collaborates with the corporate community to publicize the benefits of good oral health and increase awareness of dental hygiene services;
- Sponsors public service announcements in cooperation with the American Dental Hygienists’ Association; and
- Promoting the fluoridation of drinking water to prevent tooth decay.
These communication mechanisms keep CDHA members knowledgeable and informed about the profession.
- CDHA supports rigorous educational and licensing standards for all dental hygienists.
- CDHA supports the continuing education of its profession for relicensure.
- CDHA authorizes and supports continuing education seminars provided by regional components and study clubs.
- CDHA provides professional growth through two annual scientific sessions, presenting the newest information on dental hygiene techniques and technology.
- CDHA has 25 regional components and several study clubs.
- Local components serve the needs of members with educational seminars, business meetings, social events.
- Most components provide published or e-newsletters for their region.
- CDHA also provides scientific journals annually as well as e-colleagues newsletters to its members.
- CDHA gatherings offer an opportunity for camaraderie and networking.
Online Membership Application or