CDHA actively participates in promotional events throughout the year. In addition to the National Children’s Dental Health Month (February) and the National Dental Hygiene Month (October), the CDHA:
- Provides oral health education and screenings for children;
- Sponsors dental care and preventive sealant clinics for under served children;
- Works with seniors citizens programs to offer screenings and oral health education;
- Collaborates with the corporate community to publicize the benefits of good oral health and increase awareness of dental hygiene services;
- Develops and distributes public service announcements; and
- Promoting the fluoridation of drinking water to prevent tooth decay.